Some common autistic traits include:
- Difficulty recognising or understanding other people's emotions
- Difficulty reading body language, understanding sarcasm and facial expressions
- Difficulty in social situations
- Overly or underly sensitive to any sense, for example taste, sound, smell, touch, pain or light
- Finding crowded and noisy places challenging
- Liking familiar routines
- Finding unexpected change to your routine challenging
- Having intense and specific interests in things
You may have some or all of the above traits.
Visit the National Autistic Society website for more information about autistic traits.